Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 662 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
First Douglas SE

Quote:(02-02-2023, 06:56 PM)papken Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I don't know, I find this "packaging" box(not perfume box) hard to make it look damaged. I mean, it's a small box that's glued with 2 slices of tape, if I simulate like something dropped on it, it will be whole broken so they will be like "okay so why didnt u report it to carrier right when u collected it" or smth like that. God damn, didn't really think about that before starting this method..
Quote:"okay so why didnt u report it to carrier right when u collected it"
^ I don't know of anyone who opens and thoroughly checks their delivery In front of the carrier.

Alright, I did beat up my box a bit and sent them pictures(with small visible leak of perfume) and told them that the rep I was talking to after receiving my package told me that they will handle everything. Didn't get informed about obligation to prepare any damage report etc to carrier, so I used that against them.
Now they replied with "your situation is under an investigation, when we receive any updates we will comeback to you with an answer". I'm really curious what happens next.

Quote:(01-27-2023, 02:22 AM)papken Wrote:

Hey, two days ago I've ordered a small bottle of perfumes from Douglas and I'm planning to perform SE basing on broken glass method(I bought empty bottle of this exact perfume). It's arriving later today, but I've used packstation* shipping method. Does it decrease chances of SE's success?
How "hard" should I break my bottle? Shall I try to make a small damage just to make it "look" like it could've leaked in transit, or break it "more"?
Also, is there a way in which I could manipulate reps to avoid sending them back box of perfumes? Any ideas?

*packstation is a machine where you can pick up packages 24/7 using phone number and unique code

just a normal partial works aswell, did it a while ago.
No need for all the extra work.

Quote:(02-06-2023, 02:35 PM)papken Wrote:

Alright, I did beat up my box a bit and sent them pictures(with small visible leak of perfume) and told them that the rep I was talking to after receiving my package told me that they will handle everything. Didn't get informed about obligation to prepare any damage report etc to carrier, so I used that against them.
Now they replied with "your situation is under an investigation, when we receive any updates we will comeback to you with an answer". I'm really curious what happens next.

Hello! Did you recieve your refund? If so, what happened ?

Quote:(02-11-2023, 02:59 PM)IDontCareAboutIt Wrote:

How long ago was that?

Quote:(03-07-2023, 03:02 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (02-11-2023, 02:59 PM)IDontCareAboutIt Wrote:

How long ago was that?

a month maybe.

Quote:(03-10-2023, 01:07 AM)IDontCareAboutIt Wrote:

Quote: (03-07-2023, 03:02 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (02-11-2023, 02:59 PM)IDontCareAboutIt Wrote:

How long ago was that?

a month maybe.
That's pretty recent.

Unless It was approved by a brain-dead rep, there's no reason why It shouldn't currently work.

Quote:(03-10-2023, 01:34 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (03-10-2023, 01:07 AM)IDontCareAboutIt Wrote:

Quote: (03-07-2023, 03:02 AM)mothered Wrote:

How long ago was that?

a month maybe.
That's pretty recent.

Unless It was approved by a brain-dead rep, there's no reason why It shouldn't currently work.

Friend of mine did it 2 weeks ago, i think if it's below a certain amount they just don't care.
Note: mine was over $100

Quote:(03-12-2023, 12:33 PM)IDontCareAboutIt Wrote:

Quote: (03-10-2023, 01:34 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (03-10-2023, 01:07 AM)IDontCareAboutIt Wrote:

a month maybe.
That's pretty recent.

Friend of mine did it 2 weeks ago, i think if it's below a certain amount they just don't care.
Note: mine was over $100
It sounds about right.

The cost of administration and manpower will outweigh the cost of the Item, hence they simply approve the claim. Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback.

Quote:(02-01-2023, 04:09 PM)papken Wrote:

Called them, rep that answered my call told me that they will handle it all.
After 2 days someone from complaint department e-mailed me asking if package was broken and if cardboard was wet + they asked me for pictures of the cardboard.

Additionally, they are asking me to fill a damage report at carrier's site and to fill it I need to provide them photos of inner protection(bubble wrap) and explanation if the protection was broken. What do you suggest, @"mothered" ?
How did it work out?