Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 336 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
Getting a new phone

Hey,

it's been at least two years since I'm totaly out from the mobile phone topic, my current phone is worthless and I want to get a new one...
I'm an IT guy and I want a phone which has good support in the andro community in terms of custom roms, rooting, running kali or gentoo on it etc... I am also very interested in app developement overall.

I want a good phone, I see that people mostly suggest the google nexus family, also looking at xda developers sites I see that they have fairly good support. I'm realy just looking for somebody more experienced in phone dev. field.

Sinisterly, I want some advices here! What do you suggest?

- I realy love this OP5 thing, do you think this phone would be fine for my needs?

The Xiaomi Mi A1 is great for it's price, but isn't huge in the rooting community. That said, it's not hard to make your own ROMs and stuff for it.

Another good choice would be one of the Moto phones. They aren't too pricey, and have good support.

Lastly, I'd like to reccomend OnePlus' phones. They are big in the rooting community, have good hardware and have gold prices. The only bad thing that I can say about them is that they run Android, but it's not easy to escape that.

The Nexus family was killed, and has been replaced by the Pixel family.

I've had a Moto Z phone for a couple years. I'd highly recommend them.

Quote:(01-06-2018, 08:22 PM)Ender Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

The only bad thing that I can say about them is that they run Android, but it's not easy to escape that.

I don't realy get what you mean, I mean all of them run android as a stock OS init?

Also, onePlus 5T doesn't have a microSDcard slot, I know that it must be possible to change the OS which I want because I want to get rid of google completely, but isn't it an issue when I want to root the phone? or change roms or so?

I am pretty unexperienced in this field, I remember rooting my old Huawei Sonic but I was way too young back then and I just remember that I had to have an SD *ard to do that.

Quote:(01-06-2018, 08:53 PM)Sun0228 Wrote:

Quote: (01-06-2018, 08:22 PM)Ender Wrote:

The only bad thing that I can say about them is that they run Android, but it's not easy to escape that.

I don't realy get what you mean, I mean all of them run android as a stock OS init?

I mean that Android is a terrible OS.
It's main language is Java, which is the worst decision that they could have made. On top of that, it uses a heavily modified, but outdated Linux kernel. Linux is fine for a kernel, but they aren't up to date with it.

Quote:(01-06-2018, 08:33 PM)Oni Wrote:

I second this.

A handful of work friends have the Moto Z, most of which are heavy users and I've only heard positive feedback thus far.

Quote:(01-06-2018, 08:53 PM)Sun0228 Wrote:

Also, onePlus 5T doesn't have a microSDcard slot, I know that it must be possible to change the OS which I want because I want to get rid of google completely, but isn't it an issue when I want to root the phone? or change roms or so?

I am pretty unexperienced in this field, I remember rooting my old Huawei Sonic but I was way too young back then and I just remember that I had to have an SD *ard to do that.

That won't be an issue with rooting at all, or with changing ROMs.

There aren't many other OSs out there that support common Android phones natively. The only one that I can think of that's usable is Sailfish, but the UI is terrible, and it has very little apps available for it.

Quote:(01-06-2018, 09:14 PM)Ender Wrote:

Quote: (01-06-2018, 08:53 PM)Sun0228 Wrote:

I mean that Android is a terrible OS.
It's main language is Java, which is the worst decision that they could have made. On top of that, it uses a heavily modified, but outdated Linux kernel. Linux is fine for a kernel, but they aren't up to date with it.

Quote:(01-07-2018, 02:32 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (01-06-2018, 08:33 PM)Oni Wrote:

I second this.

A handful of work friends have the Moto Z, most of which are heavy users and I've only heard positive feedback thus far.

It's over, my next phone for playing around with android will be OP5T, but thank you for the suggestions!

Quote:(01-07-2018, 10:10 PM)Sun0228 Wrote:

It's over, my next phone for playing around with android will be OP5T, but thank you for the suggestions!

Upon purchase, If and when you have time, I'd be most Interested In reading your experience/feedback.

No rush.

Quote:(01-08-2018, 05:18 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (01-07-2018, 10:10 PM)Sun0228 Wrote:

Upon purchase, If and when you have time, I'd be most Interested In reading your experience/feedback.

No rush.

Sure I should receive the phone tomorrow or on the day after tomorrow, I will write a review after a week or so of usage if the mood will be there!