Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 325 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
How to disable automatic updates in Windows 10

Quote:(07-05-2018, 10:46 PM)Percent Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

However, in newer versions of iOS, you can only select to either perform the update right away, or to postpone it for later.

It's basically come to the point of forcing the end user to Install updates, which Is absolutely pathetic.

These technology corporations are becoming dramatically more pushy, irritating, and arrogant.

Well said.

Quote:(07-06-2018, 04:14 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (07-05-2018, 10:46 PM)Percent Wrote:

However, in newer versions of iOS, you can only select to either perform the update right away, or to postpone it for later.

It's basically come to the point of forcing the end user to Install updates, which Is absolutely pathetic.

These technology corporations are becoming dramatically more pushy, irritating, and arrogant.

Well said.

If that is the case, more customers will be "forced" to leave because, and I'm not being rude or disrespectful but, old people ain't able to then cope to catch up and with the modern day of technology.
The old people stay on one platform because, they know how it works and function and is scared to move forward although, they shouldn't be scared to move forward but, I'll leave it here.

I do agree with you @mothered that, if the customer doesn't want to upgrade they shouldn't. I can come from all directions and you could as well with the stupidity of how these corporations work. Like, my mum is finding it hard to keep up with these updates and technology. It isn't fair those that are old :/

Quote:(07-06-2018, 05:22 AM)Mimiakira Wrote:

I do agree with you @mothered that, if the customer doesn't want to upgrade they shouldn't. I can come from all directions and you could as well with the stupidity of how these corporations work. Like, my mum is finding it hard to keep up with these updates and technology. It isn't fair those that are old :/

It's all about freedom of choice, you should not be forced (so to speak) to Install an update or any software on your device.

You've paid for the device, hence should have the option on how to use It In It's entirety.

Quote:(07-06-2018, 05:28 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (07-06-2018, 05:22 AM)Mimiakira Wrote:

It's all about freedom of choice, you should not be forced (so to speak) to Install an update or any software on your device.

You've paid for the device, hence should have the option on how to use It In It's entirety.

Fucking oath that is right. All what you said sums it up in one bit. Already mothered, you should take the new spot of managing apple and windows because, they clearly don't see the bigger picture like you and I do and probs some others.

Quote:(07-06-2018, 05:47 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (07-06-2018, 05:40 AM)Percent Wrote:

Quote: (07-06-2018, 04:14 AM)mothered Wrote:

Very much so. It is great that there are open source operating systems (Linux, BSDs, etc.) available to replace the corporate operating systems (Windows), but there is still a problem that exists: the hardware that runs the open source operating system in the first place.

All of our hardware comes from for-profit corporations, whether it is HP, Intel, computer parts distributors, etc. The

is an example of why even open source, non-corporate software is not the final solution.

At least with open source (aside from the said Issues), you have some Insight of what you're dealing with.

Microsoft has significantly declined with the nature of It's services over the years, namely In a negative manner to the end user/consumer.

Honestly, Microsoft has turned from a half-decent company into a literal plague. I remember back when I used Skype, it was not a bad piece of software. But then, when Microsoft bought it (when it got
"infected" by Microsoft), it got spammed with advertisements and didn't even work on their own operating systems (Windows 7 primarily). Windows, especially Windows XP, was a great OS, but now we have Windows 10.

It's as if Microsoft downgraded their own operating system, because back in the old days I remember opening the control panel and it took a quarter of a second to launch. However, when I try to launch the "Settings" app in Windows 10, it takes almost ten seconds to do so.

There was actually a time when a U.S. government agent (possibly working for the NSA, cannot remember) asked Linus Torvalds to put some kind of malware into his open source Linux kernel. I think he ignored him or something like that, but if the U.S. government wanted to tag something as open and as non-widely used as Linux, one cannot doubt that the NSA already has spyware in the closed-source Windows operating system.

EDIT: Found the old articles:

Quote:(07-06-2018, 05:40 AM)Percent Wrote:

Quote: (07-06-2018, 04:14 AM)mothered Wrote:

Very much so. It is great that there are open source operating systems (Linux, BSDs, etc.) available to replace the corporate operating systems (Windows), but there is still a problem that exists: the hardware that runs the open source operating system in the first place.

All of our hardware comes from for-profit corporations, whether it is HP, Intel, computer parts distributors, etc. The

is an example of why even open source, non-corporate software is not the final solution.

At least with open source (aside from the said Issues), you have some Insight of what you're dealing with.

Microsoft has significantly declined with the nature of It's services over the years, namely In a negative manner to the end user/consumer.

Quote:(07-06-2018, 04:14 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote:(07-06-2018, 05:56 AM)Percent Wrote:

Quote: (07-06-2018, 05:47 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (07-06-2018, 05:40 AM)Percent Wrote:

Honestly, Microsoft has turned from a half-decent company into a literal plague. I remember back when I used Skype, it was not a bad piece of software. But then, when Microsoft bought it (when it got
"infected" by Microsoft), it got spammed with advertisements and didn't even work on their own operating systems (Windows 7 primarily). Windows, especially Windows XP, was a great OS, but now we have Windows 10.

It's as if Microsoft downgraded their own operating system, because back in the old days I remember opening the control panel and it took a quarter of a second to launch. However, when I try to launch the "Settings" app in Windows 10, it takes almost ten seconds to do so.

There was actually a time when a U.S. government agent (possibly working for the NSA, cannot remember) asked Linus Torvalds to put some kind of malware into his open source Linux kernel. I think he ignored him or something like that, but if the U.S. government wanted to tag something as open and as non-widely used as Linux, one cannot doubt that the NSA already has spyware in the closed-source Windows operating system.

Excellent resources you've provided, much the same with your feedback. In my views, I believe there's some element of a backdoor In most software/distributions, hence I don't trust (example "BitLocker") anything native to a given OS.

I've been a heavy user of the Windows platform, long before the birth of some members on this board. The good old 16 Bit Windows 3.1 (by memory, back In the early 90s) were the days when Microsoft had some decency toward the end user. In fact, I still have the OS In a bootable ISO file. Have a guess at what the file's capacity Is?

Quote:(07-06-2018, 06:20 AM)Percent Wrote:

Quote: (07-06-2018, 06:15 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (07-06-2018, 05:56 AM)Percent Wrote:

Excellent resources you've provided, much the same with your feedback. In my views, I believe there's some element of a backdoor In most software/distributions, hence I don't trust (example "BitLocker") anything native to a given OS.

I've been a heavy user of the Windows platform, long before the birth of some members on this board. The good old 16 Bit Windows 3.1 (by memory, back In the early 90s) were the days when Microsoft had some decency toward the end user. In fact, I still have the OS In a bootable ISO file. Have a guess at what the file's capacity Is?

Windows 3.1? What the hell is that? :xd:

The file's capacity must be... ten to a thousand megabytes?

Now you're making me feel old. I also experienced Windows "1.0" In the 80s, but didn't have too much Involvement. Dedicatedly, my computing commenced In the early 90s, spanning over two and half decades to date.

Here's a visual on Windows 3.1.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Quote:(07-06-2018, 06:15 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (07-06-2018, 05:56 AM)Percent Wrote:

Quote: (07-06-2018, 05:47 AM)mothered Wrote:

Windows 3.1? What the hell is that? :xd:

The file's capacity must be... ten to a thousand megabytes?