Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 286 Vote(s) - 3.58 Average
Is 32GB RAM worth it?

The title pretty much speaks for its self. Here is my plan, im making ANOTHER PC part list and im not to sure if I should include 32GB, or stick with 16GB and save myself $100?

It really depends on what your doing. But most things don't need that much RAM. For any normal user, I would say to go with 16GB.

Depends on if you planning on using half that. I personally have no problems doing so.

It really comes down to what the pc is intended for, if you will be doing heavy video editing or essentially using tools such as photoshop, after effects etc. Then the 32gb would be recommended as these programs tend to use up a lot of RAM. However, i currently have 16gb of RAM installed and it seems to be just fine for me, its more than enough and i do some video editing here and there and use these programs. Now, its up to you to decide, if you don't think you really need the 32gb, then get the 16gb and save 100$ for another part for the pc or something.

100$ isn't that much,if i was you and i had the money i would go for 32.

You can also choose something in the middle. You can use 24 GB as well. 24 GB has always been enough for me. For gaming you usually don't need more than 16GB.

Quote:(12-16-2016, 01:06 AM)Ender Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

It really depends on what your doing. But most things don't need that much RAM. For any normal user, I would say to go with 16GB.

I think I used >16gb just playing a couple games on max. After Effects or more memory intensive applications can also do it.

Like every one has said it depends on use case.

32GB is over kill, unless you have a specific use. If you are not sure why you need 32GB then you do not need 32GB.

If you're playing resource intensive games as well as doing other things like watching videos and have background programs open at the same time, 16 GB will be more than enough. 8GB might just get you by, but that is sorta the mark right now so maybe in a few years that will change. I've never needed over 8GB, however my new build has 16GB.

On top of that RAM isn't hard to add to, and assuming your mother board has 4 ram slots, most do, you can always upgrade in the future.

16GB should be plenty I use mine heavily for alot of things and hang around about 70-80% usage. With about 20 different programs open.

As mentioned, usability plays a key role.

Just to give you an Insight, my lappy Is running 16GB and I have simultaneous VMs running (4 In total), as well as heaps of multitasking and It handles It exceptionally well. That said, technology Is moving forward and for the extra $100, I'd say go for It. In this case, It's best to have an overkill than not enough. You never know what tomorrow may bring.