Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 750 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
(Question) Backing-up Kali Linux

Quote:(12-10-2016, 12:38 AM)Dyme Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote: (12-09-2016, 05:16 PM)DarkMuse Wrote:

Quote: (12-09-2016, 08:33 AM)Dyme Wrote:

Surely you can figure out how to do this yourself, no? Create a script that will save a snapshot for you and set cron/launchd/powershell to run it however often you'd like.

I mean if you're using Kali linux you must be a MASTER HACKER... so start acting like one! If you aren't up to the challenge I suppose I could write a script that will do it for you, but where's the fun in that?

I mean, if you knew anything about me you'd know that I'm not at all like that and I have explained why I use Kali in the past but thanks for your edgy attempt to dissuade people from learning and utilizing free tools. Obviously, it isn't as easy as you seem to think as nobody has posted any scripts nor were able to find any. So I challenge you, edge lord, to go and write a script to do so.

Why do think it's so hard? I literally told you how to do it. If you think doing something as simple as this is 'hard', then you must be the shittiest hacker ever lol. Even if you knew nothing about running tasks periodically, you could easily use google to accomplish this in a matter of minutes.

But to prove to you I'm not talking out of my ass, I will show you how to do it because it's so fucking easy. As I described in my earlier post, all three major operating systems have some sort of scheduled task functionality (cron/launchd/task scheduler).

For Windows:
Powershell can be used in windows 8/10 to create scheduled tasks. Previous versions of windows also support scheduled tasks, however you will have to use the "schtasks" command line executable or the "Task Scheduler" GUI in order to create a task. I have verified that the following works on Windows 8.1 with Virtualbox 5.1.10.

Input your VM name where designated and save the following powershell script as "snaptask.ps1":

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

The script above will configure a scheduled task to take a snapshot of your VM everyday at 9:00am. This of course can be configured to run at any time and interval you want, but who knows maybe you aren't capable of figuring out how to do that.

To enable the scheduled task, open powershell as administrator and run:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

And that's it! Wow three lines of code shit mayne thats some tuff stuff! If you want me to SPOONFEED you on doing this in Linux/OSX let me know, the process is just as simple. The concept is exactly the same, just replace using Window's "Task Scheduler" with *nix's Cron or OSX's Launchd. But congrats! You got what you wanted - someone to do it for you because you couldn't do it yourself. With that attitude, you will never learn and forever be some lamer on the internet asking for help with his Kali Linux virtual machine. *slow clap*

HAHAhhahAHhahHAHahHAHhahAHhahHAHAHAHAHHAhahahhahahHAHAHHAHhahahahhah

Quote:(12-10-2016, 12:38 AM)Dyme Wrote:

Quote: (12-09-2016, 05:16 PM)DarkMuse Wrote:

Quote: (12-09-2016, 08:33 AM)Dyme Wrote:

Surely you can figure out how to do this yourself, no? Create a script that will save a snapshot for you and set cron/launchd/powershell to run it however often you'd like.

I mean if you're using Kali linux you must be a MASTER HACKER... so start acting like one! If you aren't up to the challenge I suppose I could write a script that will do it for you, but where's the fun in that?

I mean, if you knew anything about me you'd know that I'm not at all like that and I have explained why I use Kali in the past but thanks for your edgy attempt to dissuade people from learning and utilizing free tools. Obviously, it isn't as easy as you seem to think as nobody has posted any scripts nor were able to find any. So I challenge you, edge lord, to go and write a script to do so.

Why do think it's so hard? I literally told you how to do it. If you think doing something as simple as this is 'hard', then you must be the shittiest hacker ever lol. Even if you knew nothing about running tasks periodically, you could easily use google to accomplish this in a matter of minutes.

But to prove to you I'm not talking out of my ass, I will show you how to do it because it's so fucking easy. As I described in my earlier post, all three major operating systems have some sort of scheduled task functionality (cron/launchd/task scheduler).

For Windows:
Powershell can be used in windows 8/10 to create scheduled tasks. Previous versions of windows also support scheduled tasks, however you will have to use the "schtasks" command line executable or the "Task Scheduler" GUI in order to create a task. I have verified that the following works on Windows 8.1 with Virtualbox 5.1.10.

Input your VM name where designated and save the following powershell script as "snaptask.ps1":

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

The script above will configure a scheduled task to take a snapshot of your VM everyday at 9:00am. This of course can be configured to run at any time and interval you want, but who knows maybe you aren't capable of figuring out how to do that.

To enable the scheduled task, open powershell as administrator and run:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

And that's it! Wow three lines of code shit mayne thats some tuff stuff! If you want me to SPOONFEED you on doing this in Linux/OSX let me know, the process is just as simple. The concept is exactly the same, just replace using Window's "Task Scheduler" with *nix's Cron or OSX's Launchd. But congrats! You got what you wanted - someone to do it for you because you couldn't do it yourself. With that attitude, you will never learn and forever be some lamer on the internet asking for help with his Kali Linux virtual machine. *slow clap*

You've got me wrong. I am not, and have not claimed to ever be a hacker. Personally, I thought your original post was kind of blunt and to be honest a bit rude but that's your personality I suppose. Regardless, I do appreciate the help. I wasn't sure if I was able to take a snapshot of the vm without actually starting it first. Thank you for the help; albeit harsh, it's efficient and correct.

-DarkMuse