Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 447 Vote(s) - 3.58 Average
WPA 3 Protocol has been developed

Hello everyone,

So I just read this article that the WPA 3 protocol has finally been developed by WiFi-Alliance. It took almost 15 years but it's there.

WPA2 has been vulnerable to various attacks like:
  • Various online open wifi networks exploits
  • The very recent

[To see links please register here]

WPA3 offers various security protocols, which I will list below (only a part possibly):
  • WPA3 protocol strengthens user privacy in open networks through individualised data encryption.
  • WPA3 protocol will also protect against brute-force dictionary attacks, preventing hackers from making multiple login attempts by using commonly used passwords.
  • WPA3 protocol also offers simplified security for devices that often have no display for configuring security settings, i.e. IoT devices.
  • Finally, there will be a 192-bit security suite for protecting WiFi users’ networks with higher security requirements, such as government, defence and industrial organisations.

Of course, over time new exploits will be found, that's why Joe Hoffman (SAR Insight & Consulting) said:
Quote:Wi-Fi security technologies may live for decades, so it’s important they are continually updated to ensure they meet the needs of the Wi-Fi industry

Since hardware must get certified by the Wi-Fi Alliance to use WPA3 security protocol, the new security standard won't arrive overnight.

Source:

Source:

In my opinion, this is a good thing that it's created and it will certainly improve security for businesses and personal use. Of course this will take some time to get devices certified for the new protocol. Will this be the end of WiFi cracking? I highly doubt so. Over time people will be able to crack it and they'll have to move over to another protocol.

Let me know what you guys think.

TL;DR: WPA3 developed, thoughts?

It was time that they came with this.
Best thing is the brute-force protocol, so hackers can't do multiple login attempts

I am just waiting to see what happens, hopefully this one lasts a bit before being cracked (at least half it's development age would be great).

On a standpoint of white hat and all, I think it's good as it will help the everyday person feel "more secure". On the standpoint of a black hat, I think it sucks because it means that it's going to be harder to crack wifi.

It'll be quite some time not only for WPA3 to fully populate, but also device support. I believe this Is a long-awaited development certainly for the better.

Quote:(01-09-2018, 08:39 PM)Bish0pQ Wrote:

Will this be the end of WiFi cracking?

Never.

As with all cracking/hacking, there's always a way In.

The WPA3 implementation will stop brute force attacks by preventing multiple login attempts, but this will still depend on what they use to block access if they use a MAC address then you could write a script which automates the change of the MAC for each login attempt.

In any case it's still wireless, over the air there will be some way to capture the handshake and then you'll just need to crack it.

Quote:(01-11-2018, 08:48 AM)S3xySmurf Wrote:

In any case it's still wireless, over the air

Enough said right here.

Any data traveling via a wireless gateway, Is definitely prone to attack. That Is, there'll always be the probability of Intervention with wireless transmission/communication.

Quote:(01-11-2018, 09:41 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (01-11-2018, 08:48 AM)S3xySmurf Wrote:

In any case it's still wireless, over the air

Enough said right here.

Any data traveling via a wireless gateway, Is definitely prone to attack. That Is, there'll always be the probability of Intervention with wireless transmission/communication.

I still believe regardless everything can be hacked it just takes time.

Quote:(01-10-2018, 03:34 AM)Synthx Wrote:

On a standpoint of white hat and all, I think it's good as it will help the everyday person feel "more secure". On the standpoint of a black hat, I think it sucks because it means that it's going to be harder to crack wifi.

Whitehat: People shouldn't just feel more secure, they should be more secure and learn from their own mistakes at the same time.

Blackhat: Well said.

Quote:(01-09-2018, 08:39 PM)Bish0pQ Wrote:

Hello everyone,

So I just read this article that the WPA 3 protocol has finally been developed by WiFi-Alliance. It took almost 15 years but it's there.

WPA2 has been vulnerable to various attacks like:
  • Various online open wifi networks exploits
  • The very recent

WPA3 offers various security protocols, which I will list below (only a part possibly):
  • WPA3 protocol strengthens user privacy in open networks through individualised data encryption.
  • WPA3 protocol will also protect against brute-force dictionary attacks, preventing hackers from making multiple login attempts by using commonly used passwords.
  • WPA3 protocol also offers simplified security for devices that often have no display for configuring security settings, i.e. IoT devices.
  • Finally, there will be a 192-bit security suite for protecting WiFi users’ networks with higher security requirements, such as government, defence and industrial organisations.

Of course, over time new exploits will be found, that's why Joe Hoffman (SAR Insight & Consulting) said:
Quote:Wi-Fi security technologies may live for decades, so it’s important they are continually updated to ensure they meet the needs of the Wi-Fi industry

Since hardware must get certified by the Wi-Fi Alliance to use WPA3 security protocol, the new security standard won't arrive overnight.

Source:

Source:

In my opinion, this is a good thing that it's created and it will certainly improve security for businesses and personal use. Of course this will take some time to get devices certified for the new protocol. Will this be the end of WiFi cracking? I highly doubt so. Over time people will be able to crack it and they'll have to move over to another protocol.

Let me know what you guys think.

TL;DR: WPA3 developed, thoughts?

thanks for sharing the news, I'm also very happy to hear that because cracking WPA2 was becoming a thing of the past, anyone could do it ... but with this version its just a matter of time before someone hack it, soon as it reaches their hands... just i hoping our manufacturer roll it out very soon ...