Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 815 Vote(s) - 3.53 Average
Which is the best OS?

Quote:(04-16-2018, 04:18 PM)Synthx Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote: (04-15-2018, 08:35 PM)sarcrates Wrote:

Quote: (04-12-2018, 06:53 PM)Synthx Wrote:

I would have to go with MacOS, only because it's the only OS I've been able to use for the past 2 years. Once I get my lappie in a few weeks, I think I am going to go Debian.

I would also have to go with macOS, although it's gotten bad recently.

Very true, it's gotten kinda bad recently with all that security bullshit. Me and @"phyrrus9" were talking about it one day, and he said it's just a way for them to distract the skido's from the real vulns, and I agree with that a little.

A lot of what they've had to fix lately just seems like carelessness.
I really hope their next version will revive what I used to love about macOS. Those days might be gone.

Quote:(04-16-2018, 07:40 PM)sarcrates Wrote:

Quote: (04-16-2018, 04:18 PM)Synthx Wrote:

Quote: (04-15-2018, 08:35 PM)sarcrates Wrote:

I would also have to go with macOS, although it's gotten bad recently.

Very true, it's gotten kinda bad recently with all that security bullshit. Me and @"phyrrus9" were talking about it one day, and he said it's just a way for them to distract the skido's from the real vulns, and I agree with that a little.

I really hope their next version will revive what I used to love about macOS. Those days might be gone.

To make the thread more interesting, I shall ask.. What did you love about macOS back in the day?

Quote:(04-16-2018, 07:46 PM)Synthx Wrote:

Quote: (04-16-2018, 07:40 PM)sarcrates Wrote:

To make the thread more interesting, I shall ask.. What did you love about macOS back in the day?

There used to be new features to get excited about with every major release. I'm still waiting on being able to split windows without having to make another desktop. I'm having to use Cinch to do that. I could do without Siri on my computer. I don't know anyone that uses it.
The last thing I was excited about was Night Shift, and that was more of a meh excitement. I can't remember anything specific other than tags on files at one point. I think Mavericks?

Quote:(04-16-2018, 07:54 PM)sarcrates Wrote:

Quote: (04-16-2018, 07:46 PM)Synthx Wrote:

There used to be new features to get excited about with every major release. I'm still waiting on being able to split windows without having to make another desktop. I'm having to use Cinch to do that. I could do without Siri on my computer. I don't know anyone that uses it.
The last thing I was excited about was Night Shift, and that was more of a meh excitement. I can't remember anything specific other than tags on files at one point. I think Mavericks?

Ahh. Okie. Well, I'll tell you right now, I don't use Siri, lol.

Quote:(04-16-2018, 07:46 PM)Synthx Wrote:

Back in the day MacOS was the perfect union of Linux and Windows capabilities, with some remnants of UNIX left in. Of course, I'm talking pre-10.6 here. It was just so easy to do anything I wanted without ever needing to dual boot or anything. If I did need to have a dual boot, fusion made that a piece of cake. And if I had an app that was BSD or Linux native, Xorg handled the graphics (was pre-installed back then), XNU had the BSD kernel space written in, and the BSD kernel space had the Linux API in it, so all I had to do was use a Mach-O compat layer for ELF files. Now it's a little more complicated.

Has anyone used the good old 16 bit Windows 3.1 back In It's days (early 90s), or am I the only member who goes back that far?

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Windows for Games/Media. Debian for everything else.

I thought I'd be the black sheep in choosing macOS but it seems a few other people agree. It's a great everyday and OS for development.
But Debian based Linux all the way for servers and power use.
I hate Windows but can't complain about it in games and certain dev environments.

Quote:(04-20-2018, 02:57 PM)ParadoxEpoch Wrote:

I thought I'd be the black sheep in choosing macOS but it seems a few other people agree. It's a great everyday and OS for development.
But Debian based Linux all the way for servers and power use.
I hate Windows but can't complain about it in games and certain dev environments.

Like that, yeah.

Quote:(04-20-2018, 02:57 PM)ParadoxEpoch Wrote:

I thought I'd be the black sheep in choosing macOS but it seems a few other people agree.

Quite a few friends use a Mac and are quite happy with It's overall functionality.

It does depend on one's usability. It's not suited to my computing environment, hence my choice In Windows Is paramount.