Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 803 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
Will Smith Smacks Chris Rock @ Oscars

I can't comment on anything other than it is remarkable that nobody was charged. Then again, I don't care, so there's also that. But whether we personally side with either of them or even just with Jada, you have to account for the law and it appears that isn't being brought up by anybody. If it were someone like Ricky Gervais I doubt it would've ended like that. There would have been cops everywhere.

Quote:(03-29-2022, 09:05 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote: (03-29-2022, 08:54 PM)Canadian Moose Wrote:

Quote: (03-29-2022, 08:31 PM)Shionari Wrote:

I can't know for sure because I have no stats or numbers, but I think that - thankfully - this isn't true. From what I've seen in social media so far, people are actually blaming Will for his impulsive reaction. Many started pointing out the incoherence of his behavior: How he's completely fine with his wife cheating on him with another dude, but loses control when someone makes a slightly offensive joke about her - clearly without any ill intentions. Now whether or not this is a fair thing to point out is another debate. It does show however that people disapprove of the way he reacted. Sure, some idiots here and there condone his reaction and think that it was appropriate and justified, but for the most part, it seems like public opinion is largely against him.
I thought they were divorced tbh. I remember her doing an interview and I felt second hand embarrassment for will. I'm off social media now so idk what's been going, I was shocked to see them together and married, because some people told me they were no longer together.

It's obvious Will snapped. It's Hollywood, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner tbh. I don't see Rock pressing charges but I'd love to see their next interaction lol
I believe Will has apologised to Chris on instagram or twitter or something. I'd need to look it up to verify that, though.
Indeed he did. The apology in question is up on his Instagram account. And while Chris seemed like the main subject of the apology, he also directed it towards other groups like the Academy and the attendees.

I thought it was fake but maybe I'm wrong

Quote:(03-29-2022, 11:02 PM)Shionari Wrote:

Quote: (03-29-2022, 09:05 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Quote: (03-29-2022, 08:54 PM)Canadian Moose Wrote:

I thought they were divorced tbh. I remember her doing an interview and I felt second hand embarrassment for will. I'm off social media now so idk what's been going, I was shocked to see them together and married, because some people told me they were no longer together.

It's obvious Will snapped. It's Hollywood, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner tbh. I don't see Rock pressing charges but I'd love to see their next interaction lol
I believe Will has apologised to Chris on instagram or twitter or something. I'd need to look it up to verify that, though.
Indeed he did. The apology in question is up on his Instagram account. And while Chris seemed like the main subject of the apology, he also directed it towards other groups like the Academy and the attendees.

I've now seen the apology. I don't think Chris has apologised for the joke. Though, in fairness, he said at the time he wouldn't say it again.

Quote:(03-30-2022, 12:17 AM)Muchogusto11 Wrote:

I thought it was fake but maybe I'm wrong

Fake as in, like, staged? I think a lot of people thought that at first. But given Will's apology...

Unless this is some super secret marketing scheme to up Chris's ticket sales and Oscar's ratings? I'm not so convinced it's as clever as that.

Quote:(03-30-2022, 07:52 AM)Jiggly Wrote:

Quote: (03-29-2022, 11:02 PM)Shionari Wrote:

Quote: (03-29-2022, 09:05 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

I don't think Chris has apologised for the joke.
Well... About that XD
An alleged apology tweet from Chris has been going around in social media, and it's gold xD

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Quote:(03-29-2022, 11:02 PM)Shionari Wrote:

The apology in question is up on his Instagram account.
The question Is, was It a genuine apology or was he told to Issue It by a given entity?

Will Smith took the joke pretty serious and Is also stubborn by nature, so I'm Inclined to believe the apology wasn't purely via his own volition.

Quote:(03-30-2022, 11:29 AM)mothered Wrote:

The question Is, was It a genuine apology or was he told to Issue It by a given entity?

Will Smith took the joke pretty serious and Is also stubborn by nature, so I'm Inclined to believe the apology wasn't purely via his own volition.
To be completely honest, I have my doubts about the sincerity of the apology as well.
Because the way the situation unfolded makes me think that Will's reaction wasn't all that spontaneous. He most likely knew full well that was he was doing was wrong, and yet he decided to go through with it and do it anyway. That he would experience such a radical change of heart so quickly seems pretty dubious to me.
I suspect Will is just doing what is expected of him at this point. For someone of his position and status to react like that and not issue an apology afterward is unacceptable in the public's opinion. Will is probably just conforming to that, to limit the damage that he has done in the best way he can.

I think what will did was wrong at some point. A slap on the face or any other bad word said in public on a comedian, its like their nightmare.

I am pretty sure that statement afterwards was just to be an eye-candy in from of general audience.

I mean he could've gone for a lawsuit or anything for defamation.. but still.

and look how Rock covered it, seriously man. Masterpiece.

Quote:(03-30-2022, 06:37 PM)Shionari Wrote:

Quote: (03-30-2022, 11:29 AM)mothered Wrote:

To be completely honest, I have my doubts about the sincerity of the apology as well.
Because the way the situation unfolded makes me think that Will's reaction wasn't all that spontaneous. He most likely knew full well that was he was doing was wrong, and yet he decided to go through with it and do it anyway. That he would experience such a radical change of heart so quickly seems pretty dubious to me.
I suspect Will is just doing what is expected of him at this point. For someone of his position and status to react like that and not issue an apology afterward is unacceptable in the public's opinion. Will is probably just conforming to that, to limit the damage that he has done in the best way he can.
I fully agree.

You've made some very valid points.

Quote:(03-30-2022, 09:03 PM)babahalapeno Wrote:

I mean he could've gone for a lawsuit or anything for defamation.. but still.

Defamation doesn't usually cover jokes about celebrities. Roasting and occasional jabs are pretty common at events like this. That said, it wasn't even a good joke compared to Chris Rock's usual material.