0Day Forums
How Do I Find a Group That is Right For Me? - Printable Version

+- 0Day Forums (https://zeroday.vip)
+-- Forum: Community (https://zeroday.vip/Forum-Community)
+--- Forum: Achievements & Bragging (https://zeroday.vip/Forum-Achievements-Bragging)
+--- Thread: How Do I Find a Group That is Right For Me? (/Thread-How-Do-I-Find-a-Group-That-is-Right-For-Me)

How Do I Find a Group That is Right For Me? - florwm - 01-13-2022

I have much to offer yet, have a long ways to go to be of use. I am interested in various computer related topics, and have been teaching myself the basics for several years now (outside of being a user).

I am seeking a friend, mentor, relatively close to my location so I can actually hang out with them and we can sit in a dark basement with junk food for the weekend grinding on projects, learning environments, etc.

I guess a study group? or a Newb friendly group? Is there even such a thing in the world of hacking, be it ethical or non ethical.

And do I even need to ask, or state my position of ethics? I wouldn't know how to classify myself with my ethics, goals, standards, etc. I feel I sit in the grey hat area of things. I am not a hacker, but the actions and things I want to learn are kinda dark, whether used for good or bad. How can I find my place and yet be around others who are similar? I appreciate any direction you may be able to provide.

RE: How Do I Find a Group That is Right For Me? - icelanderud - 02-20-2022

Quote:(01-13-2022, 06:50 PM)Incognito Mode Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I have much to offer yet, have a long ways to go to be of use. I am interested in various computer related topics, and have been teaching myself the basics for several years now (outside of being a user).

I am seeking a friend, mentor, relatively close to my location so I can actually hang out with them and we can sit in a dark basement with junk food for the weekend grinding on projects, learning environments, etc.

I guess a study group? or a Newb friendly group? Is there even such a thing in the world of hacking, be it ethical or non ethical.

And do I even need to ask, or state my position of ethics? I wouldn't know how to classify myself with my ethics, goals, standards, etc. I feel I sit in the grey hat area of things. I am not a hacker, but the actions and things I want to learn are kinda dark, whether used for good or bad. How can I find my place and yet be around others who are similar? I appreciate any direction you may be able to provide.
Im interested to be ur friend (:

RE: How Do I Find a Group That is Right For Me? - appraiser747254 - 05-02-2022

Quote:(02-20-2022, 05:31 PM)PyroFenrir Wrote:

Quote: (01-13-2022, 06:50 PM)Incognito Mode Wrote:

Interested :smile: I feel you, same situation here. So drop me a dm if your still looking, probably wont be you mentor, but would be cool to learn from each other.

RE: How Do I Find a Group That is Right For Me? - pasmodvj - 05-03-2022

Quote:(05-02-2022, 09:12 PM)VisstickNL Wrote:

Quote: (02-20-2022, 05:31 PM)PyroFenrir Wrote:

Quote: (01-13-2022, 06:50 PM)Incognito Mode Wrote:

Interested :smile: I feel you, same situation here. So drop me a dm if your still looking, probably wont be you mentor, but would be cool to learn from each other.
He/she hasn't been active for almost 4 months, so you may be waiting a while for a reply.

RE: How Do I Find a Group That is Right For Me? - columbarium640906 - 05-03-2022

Yea I checked that indeed, the replyer was tho :wink:

Thanks Mothered!

RE: How Do I Find a Group That is Right For Me? - renatatn - 05-03-2022

Quote:(05-03-2022, 07:52 AM)VisstickNL Wrote:

Yea I checked that indeed, the replyer was tho :wink:
Got It.

I thought you quoted the OP.

RE: How Do I Find a Group That is Right For Me? - gethinfhmi - 04-09-2023

Quote:(01-13-2022, 06:50 PM)Incognito Mode Wrote:

im struggling with the same thing. did u find a group right for u in the end???