Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 325 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
How to disable automatic updates in Windows 10

So, you might already know this, but Windows 10 will automatically download and install an update on your computer whether you like it or not. There isn't just a simple button that says "Disable automatic updates". I will be teaching you two easy ways to disable it.

Method 1: easier method

Hidden Content
You must

[To see links please register here]

or

to view this content.

Now Windows 10 should not automatically download updates :wink:

Method 2: a bit harder method

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

If you chose option 2 then you will get a notification in Notification Center letting you know that updates are available. I really hope that this could help you! Also, give me feedback of what I could to improve my tutorial's in the future.

P.S. If you have any other methods, please drop them below!

thanks for the methods, may come in handy for future reference or dealing with some clients PC ...

thanks again ...

You can also disable the Windows Update Service.

In the search bar enter "services.msc" (no quotes), scroll down and double-click "Windows Update". In the "Startup type" drop-down menu, select "disabled" and then hit "Stop".

This Is the end result:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

I strongly advise against disabling updates. if you have a problem you can setup the option to roll them back, but those updates contain security patches. They should not be disabled unless you absolutely need to.

Quote:(11-29-2017, 10:19 PM)Skullmeat Wrote:

I strongly advise against disabling updates. if you have a problem you can setup the option to roll them back, but those updates contain security patches. They should not be disabled unless you absolutely need to.

The main reason I don't want them to automatically install is my little mini pc that I use to get on Discord when at school will automatically update, and it restarts, and I can't connect until I have physical access to it, but I agree with you.

Quote:(11-29-2017, 10:19 PM)Skullmeat Wrote:

For the average user, I do agree.

As for myself, I've only performed a few updates and on one occasion It corrupted my system. That was enough to never do It again- and that's been over a decade to date. With all security measures I've personally Implemented, I've never experienced any (security) Issues whatsoever. I can't afford reboots, losing my current sessions (VMs etc) and the good old "Configuring Windows updates.......15% complete.... do not turn off your computer". I've got better things to do with my time.

Others may beg to differ, but that's just me.

Thanks so much I realy needed this!

Thanks for these methods, I really hate that they didn't implemented a "pause" button. Fuck Microsoft, I have a really shitty internet and they are making it worse by downloading their shitty updates

Quote:(01-02-2018, 02:45 PM)naxx99 Wrote:

and they are making it worse by downloading their shitty updates

Enough said right here.

I couldn't agree more.

I consider using windows as a big big NOPE in my life, literally anything you need to do can be done without loosing any of your nerves on *LinuX*.