Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 603 Vote(s) - 3.47 Average
I done goofed

So I fucked up and momma ain't happy.

It's a pretty minor thing, adware basically buttfucking my Firefox to no end and I have zero idea how to pull the little bugger out because, sadly, I'm stupid.

Malwarebytes, Advanced System Care and, obviously Windows Defender is what my computer ( Windows 8 ) is equipped with.

I keep getting junk like this every so often when I click a link or anywhere on the screen really:
[Image: tzyR4pR.png]

And this continuously appears in my Google searches:
[Image: 1amkRQz.png]

It seems to be doing no real harm to my computer but it's a massive nuisance. I've done various scans, reset my Firefox, uninstalled the damn thing, scrubbed it clean from my computer before reinstalling it, found out Chrome is having the same issue and yeah.
Kind dunno what to do here.

As for it's source? Well, I know damn well how I got it. I was in a rush, saw the stupid Firefox update, didn't think much of it and began downloading it. While it was installing is when I realized it's kinda shifty looking so I just interrupted the thing, performed a scan and restarted, getting rid of little more than a few PuPs.

As it turns out, it still got its claws in me. So, any suggestions?

I had something like this happen to me once upon a time, I believe I created a new user on the computer and everything worked fine. Perhaps you switch to Chrome until you can fix it? (Ew, Chrome...)

Quote:(11-25-2014, 08:34 PM)PsYCHO Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I had something like this happen to me once upon a time, I believe I created a new user on the computer and everything worked fine. Perhaps you switch to Chrome until you can fix it? (Ew, Chrome...)

Sadly, as said, Chrome is also affected by this. Moreso than Firefox even.

Quote:(11-25-2014, 08:41 PM)Mom Wrote:

Sadly, as said, Chrome is also affected by this. Moreso than Firefox even.

I would mention Internet Explorer, but let's be real here for a moment >_< Hmmm. Did you install any recent programs that may have affected this? My brother once installed a downloader by mistake and messed up /EVERYTHING/ in Chrome. If this is the case, try uninstalling it.

Quote:(11-25-2014, 08:51 PM)PsYCHO Wrote:

I would mention Internet Explorer, but let's be real here for a moment >_< Hmmm. Did you install any recent programs that may have affected this? My brother once installed a downloader by mistake and messed up /EVERYTHING/ in Chrome. If this is the case, try uninstalling it.

As I said: I downloaded something shifty in a rush, interrupted the installation, scrubbed whatever got in clean, but still no dice.

Quote:(11-25-2014, 08:58 PM)Losi Wrote:

Are you using vanilla Firefox with zero plugins? If not, try uninstalling all your plugins and then try. If this still doesn't work, I recommend flashing and updating your BIOS. If it STILL doesn't work, Malwarebytes or Windows Defender might think some part of the Firefox application is malicious. Make the Firefox source folder and application an exception in Malwarebytes and Defender. If that still doesn't help, at least you tried.

Uninstalling all plug-ins were one of the many attempts I've given. Running it vanilla now, actually. Going to give the BIOS a try though.

Are you using vanilla Firefox with zero plugins? If not, try uninstalling all your plugins and then try. If this still doesn't work, I recommend flashing and updating your BIOS. If it STILL doesn't work, Malwarebytes or Windows Defender might think some part of the Firefox application is malicious. Make the Firefox source folder and application an exception in Malwarebytes and Defender. If that still doesn't help, at least you tried.

I suggest doing a system restore to before your browser fucked up (you can save important material onto a USB drive if it's from after the date of the restore point).

Strike The first thing //Check your Firefox extensions// if that does nothing, goto add & remove programs in CP and scroll through till you see obvious ad ware or anything that may be suspicious, once found check its installed on date and if the Publisher names is missing or fishy its probably ad ware or bloat ware from something else.

Quote: (11-25-2014, 11:18 PM)Saikou Wrote:

I suggest doing a system restore to before your browser fucked up (you can save important material onto a USB drive if it's from after the date of the restore point).
No offence, but a restore should be a last resort especially for something so minor

Quote:(11-25-2014, 11:18 PM)Saikou Wrote:

I've considered that but it's not rustling my jimmies in any huge fashion beyond mild annoyance. I just might though considering that it's starting to get on my tits whenever I'm on SL.

Idunno, shite. I'm bothered by it enough to piss me off but not enough to restore junk which is also annoying.